The Department of Homeland Security—established about a year after the September 11 attacks—changed national security. Using video clips, individuals explore the political rationale behind the new department. A carefully curated collection highlights speeches, a signing ceremony, and a call to Air Force One to inform the president about the new department.
- Show video clips to prompt discussion of the legacies of the September 11 attacks
- Resource requires a free C-SPAN Classroom account or the use of the following login credentials: Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Link takes viewer to the Department of Homeland Security website
- The real-time nature of the videos is intriguing
- Clips are short and easy to integrate into instruction