The Environmental Protection Agency often doesn't register as a critical government function, but the EPA works to protect communities. Using video segments from Scott Pruitt's confirmation hearing, a Barack Obama speech on the agency's work and an interview with a Nixon administration official, learners consider its impact. Then, they decide: What is the current role for this agency?
- Create discussion questions based on the video segments and news reports on current environmental policy
- Create a free account or gain access using the credentials username: students, and password: C-SPANCLASSROOM to view the four video segments
- Video links to related curated videos
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Videos highlight various political perspectives
- Segments are short and easy to add to instruction