A thought-provoking resource shares information on the Battle of the Alamo and its lasting impact on history. Scholars learn about Davy Crockett, a famous frontiersman, killed defending the Alamo. Video clips also explain that individuals rallied to the Texans' cause after Santa Anna's brutal defeat of the Alamo.
- Compare the Texas Revolution to the Mexican War of Independence
- Have learners research the men who defended the Alamo
- Individuals must have a free C-SPAN Classroom account to access the material or use the following login Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Video clips present different perspectives of the Battle of the Alamo
- Resource is easy to pair with a longer lesson on the Alamo