The Normandy invasion was the beginning of the end for World War II. Using the series of video clips, pupils explore the role the Battle of the Bulge played in bringing World War II to an end. The interesting resource includes archival footage, historical lectures, and oral histories from veterans who lived through the battle, including American author Kurt Vonnegut.
- Create a map-based activity where learners trace the final days of the war using video clips and other resources
- Develop a reflection exercise asking individuals to consider what they learn from oral histories
- Access the resource by creating a free account or using Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Eye witness testimony from veterans is gripping
- Archival footage is highly engaging