Three video clips show real-life news coverage from the Apollo 1 disaster. Young historians learn what events led to the disaster. Clips cover the initial disaster, the astronauts discussing the mission before the launch, and a ceremony commemorating the Apollo 1 mission.
- Pair the clips with an timeline activity that maps out the events that led to the Apollo 1 mission disaster
- Have learners prepare their own news broadcasts based on the events of Apollo 1
- Requires a free C-SPAN classroom account in order to view the videos
- Showcases different points of view of the event
- Short running time makes it easy to show more than one video
- An ad plays before each video clip