A fast-paced multiplayer game challenges scholars to identify homophones. Once the timer starts, a player's octopus grabs the focus word's homophone pair with its tentacle. The faster and more accurate a participant is, the more points they receive.
- Assign the game following a lesson on homophones
- Add the game to the week's homework list for additional practice
- List the game as a May Do activity for early finishers
- Pupils should be familiar with homophones
- The game has sound; invite learners to wear headphones to decrease distraction
- The results page awards winners with a first, second, or third place alongside their score
- Graphics are bright and cheerful