This Ocean Primary Production lesson plan also includes:
A cold seep is an area on the ocean floor where hydrocarbons leak from the earth, creating entire unique biomes. Learners explore cold seeps, photosynthesis in the ocean, and its limitations due to loss of sunlight. They further explore chemosynthesis through a hands-on activity and then look at its role near cold seeps in the ocean.
- Place learners in groups and use the same groups for all lessons
- Activity consists of three lessons, one of which requires a day to set up and then 15 minutes each day for two weeks, and another day for presentations; therefore, it takes longer than five days but will not take the entire class during those days
- Some lessons are best suited for high schoolers
- Part seven in a series of 10
- Activities provide extensions, other resources, answer keys, and ways to evaluate learners' progress
- Includes all materials the class needs to complete lessons