This Ocean Exploration lesson plan also includes:
Where am I? The second installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program starts with pupils guessing the years in which major ocean exploration events took place. The lesson then focuses on how to describe location and time.
- Have learners determine their precise location, down to the arcsecond of latitude and longitude
- Research UTC to see how it compares with local time
- Be sure to have maps and globes to reference
- Lesson outline includes websites for additional resources
- Resource includes a PowerPoint presentation to use in class