Sixty-one percent of 5-10 year olds who are overweight have at least one risk factor for heart disease, and 26 percent have two or more. Explore the obesity epidemic with a video that shows obesity trends across the world. Viewers see how the epidemic happened and why. Hint: it's not just tied to diet and exercise.
- Best fits in a unit on the human body or on health and fitness
- Pre-script questions to ask pairs throughout the video pertaining to his top five reasons for obesity
- Narrator brings up quite a few interesting points; be prepared for questions and discussion during and after the video
- Engaging due to our fascination with weight and diet
- Uses quality images and graphics