In 1942, scientists first observed the first man-made nuclear reactor. The video introduces the history of nuclear energy from military development through today. It highlights the types of nuclear reactors built and the reasons as well as the locations.
- Assign different nuclear reactor accidents to groups of students to research and present to the class
- Discuss the cost of nuclear energy versus other types of energy
- Video is the first in a three-part series on nuclear energy
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes subtitles in more than 30 languages for English learners
- Works well in traditional and flipped classes