This Nostrils, Harmony with the Universe, and Ancient Sanskrit Theater: Crash Course Theater #7 video also includes:
Before Bollywood movies, Sanskrit theater ruled the stage in ancient India. Learn about rasas, bhavas, and categories of plays through the seventh video in the Crash Course Theater series that explores the first type of theater to appear in India. Along with comparisons to other forms of ancient theater, the video shares fun facts, such as seven ways actors could move their eyebrows on stage.
- Make a tri-circle Venn diagram and compare Greek, Roman, and Sankrit theater
- Research Bharata Muni and discuss whether he was a real person or just representative of a lot of people
- Assumes learners watched previous videos in series or are familiar with Greek and Roman theater
- Painting, informational slides, and animations help break up the monotony of the video
- Moves quickly from frame to frame, making it difficult to catch all the information