In an atmosphere that contains so much unusable nitrogen, how do organisms get the nitrogen they need to survive? The narrated video discusses how atmospheric nitrogen is converted into the materials we need to build proteins in our bodies. It also explains nitrogen's path through our oceans to finish the second unit in a seven-part series.
- Provide a flow chart so pupils may fill in and connect the components of the nitrogen cycle as the video discusses them
- Show the versatile video to launch or wrap up a lesson on the nitrogen cycle
- Learners should have some prior knowledge of the importance of nitrogen in cellular processes
- Methods of nitrogen fixation are clearly explained and illustrated
- Video highlights the role of air pollution in the nitrogen cycle, which makes it useful for environmental lessons