Learning to engage in arguments based on evidence helps scholars in many subjects. A helpful video explains the importance of this topic and why it is included in the Next Generation Science Standards. It focuses on informal and formal arguments as they apply to science.
- Ensure viewers understand the difference between informal and formal arguments
- Review your curriculum to highlight student opportunities to argue with evidence
- While intended for science teachers, the content benefits teachers in all content areas
- Discusses the heliocentric versus geometric model of the universe
- Contains many cross-curricular connections