The Next Generation Science Standards list constructing explanations and designing solutions as the sixth practice. The video explains how scientists create and modify theories over time. Then, it offers many examples of scientific theories—both proven and disproven.
- Copy the flow chart of how to construct a theory found at 1:55 in the video
- Duplicate the diagram of the cycle of design from 6:00
- Video addresses science teachers, but many teachers of other subjects would also benefit from the knowledge
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Offers a progression of skills from K-12th grade
- Compares and contrasts science versus engineering