This News Judges lesson plan also includes:
Order in the court! Scholars act as news judges, learning how to analyze the newsworthiness of several pieces of information. Working in small groups, they determine which events are most newsworthy and then complete graphic organizers to evaluate news reports.
- Pre-teach word wall vocabulary and provide examples of each term
- For homework, invite students to locate newsworthy stories to share with the class the following day
- Requires projection and Internet access
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes word wall terms and a list of essential questions
- Provides several extended learning options