This "New Colossus" by Emma Lazarus video also includes:
Lady Liberty has welcomed millions of immigrants into the United States with her mighty flame and the immortal poem at her feet. Listen to a dramatic reading of "The New Colossus" by Emma Lazarus, complete with illustrative animation, in an inspiring video.
- Play at the beginning of a class before discussing United States immigration or the construction of the Statue of Liberty
- Create an interdisciplinary lesson between social studies and language arts in which learners compare the themes of the poem with the history of American immigration
- Requires access to the Internet
- Video does not offer additional commentary, but links to various sources for more information
- Narrator is engaging and pace is steady
- Closed captions are available