Some insects breathe air yet live underwater. The video explains how they carry air with them and the scientific principles behind this ability. It focuses on beetles and surface tension as the concept of nature's scuba divers becomes clear.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have scholars experiment with surface tension and paperclips as shown in the video
- Relate the importance of surface tension to the water cycle
- Best fits when teaching about insects, beetles, adaptations, or underwater ecosystems
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Short length does not require much class time
- Works well in a traditional or flipped classroom