Time for some class bonding! Learners explore the octet rule for creating covalent bonds. Using dot diagrams, the instructor illustrates covalent bonds within an element and shows an example of single, double, and triple bonds.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use whiteboard practice to check for understanding following the video
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and using class time for practice
- Expects a solid understanding of electron dot diagrams
- Humor adds interest to the lesson
- Presents information clearly while emphasizing scientific vocabulary