This Nature: Friend and Foe: Challenge Activities (Theme 6) unit also includes:
The teacher doesn't always have to be the expert in the classroom. The first in a series of three supplementary activities Nature: Friend or Foe uses hands-on research tasks and projects to enhance readers' understanding of non-fiction texts and make them the experts. Clear objectives and printables found in the series enhance each lesson.
- Once answer machines have been built, save them and use them with other units
- Scaffold learning in the debate activity by providing resources clearly labeled as a pro or con
- Save class time by assigning portions of projects as homework
- Includes social studies and science activities to help expand learning across the curriculum
- References numerous additional resources teachers may not have available