The peppered moth is featured in a video about natural selection. The narrator tells the story of Darwin's theory and then moves on to the principles behind natural selection and the different ways it works. Concepts covered include directional selection, stabilizing selection, disruptive selection, natural and artificial selection, and sexual selection.
- Pair learners and have them research and present information on Darwin's finches
- Have scholars research modern Natural Selection examples, excluding the peppered moth and Darwin's finches
- Video 14 in a series of 40
- Great intro and effective visuals showing peppered moth as an example of natural selection
- Includes table of contents so teachers can show specific segments
- Contains embedded videos related to natural selection