Introduce your class to the writing of the indigenous Americans and, even more well known, their story telling. An engaging presentation describes what kinds of texts would be included in the oral stories performed and some common themes one might see.
- Show these slides before listening or performing some stories with your class
- Incorporate into a unit on speaking and listening, or when studying Native American traditions
- Slides are text-heavy; trim them down and pair with your own instruction
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Versatile for use in any part of your unit
- Provides great discussion points and writing prompts