This Nanotechnology in Action: Organic Electronics activity & project also includes:
Even electronics are going organic. Future engineers learn about organic fibers and their uses in electronics and textiles. Specifically, they study graphene and its properties by creating graphite-based fibers in a laboratory setting and test their resistance to electricity.
- Have pupils research and brainstorm different applications of graphene
- Some familiarity with electricity concepts, such as resistance and voltage, is beneficial
- Learners should be well versed in lab safety procedures
- Students must complete a pre-activity homework assignment before the experiment
- Lists safety issues to consider
- Provides a student worksheet and two different post-activity assessment options