This Nano What? lesson plan also includes:
The size of a nanoparticle is difficult for pupils to grasp. A hands-on experiment is designed to give your classes perspective. Learners analyze different sports drinks for the content of electrolytes as an introduction to nanoscale. They observe how varying sizes of particles react differently with light.
- Have pupils create a set of scale drawings to highlight the size of nanoparticles
- Complete the worksheet as a group using whiteboards as an understanding check
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a student handout with easy-to-follow instructions
- Includes a rubric to assess understanding throughout the lesson