Explore the process of writing and naming ionic formulas and compounds. Pupils learn to build ionic compounds by analyzing their charges. The instructor then explains how to name the newly created compound.
11 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide pupils with a list of polyatomic ions as a reference
- Incorporate whiteboard practice when writing ionic formulas to check for understanding
- Expects a solid understanding of monoatomic and polyatomic ions and their charges
- Uses graphic organizers to present material
- Provides definitions and other important information with written descriptions to aid in note taking