This Names of 2D Shapes video also includes:
Two-d or not two-d? That's not really the question because the figures here are all two-dimensional. Learners identify the names of polygons, starting with triangles and ending with decagons. The video also describes circles and semicircles.
5 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have the class create flashcards for the shape names
- It is helpful if pupils have knowledge of prefixes, such as tri-, penta-, etc.
- Note that the intended audience is scholars studying for the GCSE
- Includes a worksheet with practice problems
- A poster showing shapes and names would be sufficient for the lesson