This Name That Harmonic: Strings interactive also includes:
Don't string your class along! Physics scholars discover the fascinating forces behind the music of stringed instruments using an interactive. From a series covering sounds and waves, the interactive asks users to identify nodes and antinodes and complete calculations using string length and frequency.
- Invite a student or fellow teacher that plays guitar or another string instrument to class for an up-close harmonics lesson
- Do a formative check after learners complete each level to make sure they're on track
- Pupils must complete the beginner level interactive before proceeding to the other levels
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource gradually builds toward mastery of standing wave terminology and calculations
- Great related resources help you take learning further