This Name That Harmonic: Closed-End air Columns interactive also includes:
Physics is like music—practice makes perfect! Challenge your class using an interactive that builds harmonic skills. The engaging lesson from a playlist exploring sounds and waves revolves around wave behavior in closed-end air columns. Individuals visually identify harmonic patterns and complete related calculations.
- Complete the lesson after the Open-End Air Column activity, then ask students to compare their results
- Have learners create a series of sketches that show what happens as a wave moves in a closed-end air column
- Closed-end column harmonics can be tricky; consider doing an example with the class before they get started
- The interactive is easy to use and intuitive, which helps ensure individuals practice skills that are more difficult for them
- Supplemental materials help you build a unit around the interactive