This Mystery Spinners lesson plan also includes:
Take a spin with probability. Given a set of clues about the probability of events on a spinner, groups create their own device to match the clues. Using a jigsaw strategy, groups share their spinners and strategies with other groups. The lesson plan concludes with an exit ticket where each learner creates a spinner based on their own criteria to determine homework assignments.
- Have groups create clues and trade them with other groups to complete the spinner for the clue set
- Instructors must create sets of clues for each spinner group
- Assumes the class has knowledge of simple probability
- Provides time allotments for each section of the lesson
- Includes information on pre-work to prepare the class before the activity