This Mysteries of the Periodic Table, Part 5: Isotopes video also includes:
Idiosyncrasies caused by isotopes baffled scientists for more than half a century. Learners examine a thorough review of the historical discovery of isotopes in the fifth and final video in the series Mysteries of the Periodic Table. They relate key concepts to how they are depicted in the periodic table historically.
- Have individuals compare and contrast atomic numbers and atomic mass placements in the periodic table prior to viewing the lesson
- Create a timeline of the key findings leading to the discovery of isotopes
- Requires a strong understanding of subatomic particles
- Highlights key impacts of historical scientists
- Allows videos to be shared with pupils