Keep an eye on your pupils' reading habits by having them fill out this chart. Kids make a goal for the week and then fill out the titles and authors for all of the books they read. They also note down the reading level and assign a score to each book.
- Come up with a special scoring system as a class so that kids can learn how to evaluate books
- Keep track of your class members' progress with a progression of these reading logs
- It's a bit unclear what the resource means by level, so you may wish to clarify this for students
- This would work best with picture books or other short books; children may find it very challenging to read several novels a week
- Promotes setting goals
- Encourages pupils to read independently at an early age