This My Shoes lesson plan also includes:
Engage your pupils in short story and short film. Using a still from the film as inspiration, pairs compose short stories, which they later share and compare with other members of the class. They then watch the film and respond to a series of questions about the film in small groups. In addition, class members explore the message of the film, pick apart idioms, and write a second short story individually.
- Since this lesson was originally written, the video has been watched another million times; you may wish to edit a question in the plan to reflect this change
- Depending on the level of your students, you might consider providing additional scaffolding for some of the activities
- The plan may take longer than the hour listed in the resource
- Video is thought-provoking, if a bit sad
- The resource comes with everything you need to teach the lesson including questions, writing prompts, and video comments to analyze
- Pupils are encouraged to collaborate and discuss