This My Blood, Your Blood unit plan also includes:
Dracula isn't the only one who needs blood to survive. The eight-part unit includes seven lessons, five demonstrations, seven labs, and a project to organize a blood drive. Class members learn about the parts of blood, the form and function of those parts, how blood travels, the types of blood, and more.
- Organize a field trip to a blood donation center
- Have a phlebotomist visit the class
- Be aware of any food allergies as some foods are necessary for the unit
- Gather supplies in advance; most come from an art supply store and a few are specialized
- Organized lesson plans include everything except the science equipment
- Provides a worksheet, lab questions, vocabulary, and answer keys