Home in on the quote on this page to explore setting, the author's and character's voices, and plot in Willa Cather's My Antonia. Pupils draw a picture of what is described in the quote, discuss the content, and make connections to their own lives through a journal entry and writing exercise.
- Use the quote provided here for one exercise and find another to assign for homework or a second similar exercise; students can explore setting and author's voice along with other literary elements and devices
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Requires learners to examine the author's voice in several different ways
- Focuses on literary elements like setting and plot in a more interactive and hands-on way (class members get to draw and write rather than just identify)
- Watch out for minor typos and grammar errors