Are you a mutant? Learn about multiple types of mutations with a presentation to discover the answer. Both genes and chromosomes mutate at various points in their life cycles. Slides describe each type and the resulting impact on development based on the timeline. The resource explains why some mutations pass through generations while others disappear.
- Discuss risk factors to mutations such as chemicals and UV light
- Compare and contrast gene and chromosome mutations
- Relies on prior understanding of cellular reproduction and genes
- Highlights important concepts in color for emphasis
- Considers neutral mutations as well as repaired mutations