Dim the lights, take a deep breath, and press play to explore the emotions and memories that music elicits. Class members begin using relaxation techniques designed to create a positive listening experience. As music plays, learners listen carefully and allow it to call upon emotions, memories, and reflect those feelings via written work and artistic representation.
- If applicable, coordinate with the school's art teacher to implement the lesson as part of art instruction
- Invite learners to share their favorite song and explain how they feel when they hear it
- Create a slideshow displaying photographs of the class' artwork
- The activity is the last of nine in a series that showcases family heritage
- Comes with extension activities
- The plan is written clearly and in detail