This Municipal Government: High School lesson plan also includes:
Municipal government takes on many roles, not just the ones we are used to hearing about such as Parks and Recreation. Scholars delve into the topic to get a grasp on how the government system functions. They participate in readings, class discussions, a comparison activity, and research using available technology to make the concept come alive.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the reading pages as homework
- Requires a free iCivics account to access all materials
- Serves as the sixth of seven resources for the Local Government-High School series
- Teaches media literacy
- Relates the information to students' everyday lives, making the learning more meaningful and memorable
- Uses a variety of exercises to explain concepts