Fraction multiplication works whether fractions are parts or division problems. The video shows learners the procedure to multiply fractions. It then goes on to explain why using both the interpretation as a fraction as a division problem and a fraction as a part.
- Show how area models help students understand fraction multiplication
- Provide opportunities for the class to work word problems involving fraction multiplication
- Pupils should know properties that deal with multiplication and division
- Provides a quick review of learned concepts
- Contains a hint for word problems