Apply the power of mathematics to the power expressions. The lesson gives examples of expressions that utilize each of the exponent rules to simplify. Once seeing the exponent rules individually, scholars combine them to simplify an expression in multiple steps.
- Create a chart to help pupils keep track of each exponent rule and examples of each
- Have individuals expand the expression to demonstrate the expoment rules
- Simplifying with exponent rules is a difficult concept for scholars; build in time for practice if possible
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a set of practice problems to individually practice
- Does not give real-life examples to give credibility to the mathematics