This Multiplying Algebraic Fractions video also includes:
Make the complicated look relatively simple. The video shows how multiplication of algebraic fractions is easier when they factor the numerators and denominators. Pupils see which factors will cancel, or divide out, easier when writing the expressions in factored form. The included worksheets provide opportunities for practice.
- Work with the class to determine when simplification can occur prior to the multiplication
- Create a table to remind class members the rules of multiplying and simplifying fractions
- Individuals should be able to factor algebraic expressions
- Shows two methods to multiply rational expressions
- Uses colors to distinguish between steps