Take a look at where it all began: Fort Sumter. Individuals learn about the history of Fort Sumter, the location of the first battle of the Civil War. Fort Sumter was also important to the defense of the Confederate city of Charleston. The video shares the experiences of visitors that flock to the fort each year to relive the complex history of the area.
- Show the video to kick off a unit on the Civil War
- Have learners conduct further research on the importance of Fort Sumter
- Requires an Internet connection to access the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video uses a mix of images, drawings, and interviews to make it more engaging
- Provides a good overview of Fort Sumter