We need a source of food to live on another planet. An installment of the extensive SciShow Space series suggests one option, farming on asteroids! Caitlin Hofmeister explains the challenges and benefits of potential future farms. She introduces current research on the soil and the hope for our future in the short yet interesting video.
- Read recent research on growing plants in zero gravity
- Discuss ways to protect asteroid farms from cosmic radiation
- Content ends at 4:42, and the remaining video is an advertisement
- Relies on prior knowledge of farming, rockets, and the asteroid belt
- Offers cross-curricular connections to math, physics, astronomy, biology, and chemistry
- Enthusiastic presenter holds viewers' attention