An informative video shares the history of the national holiday, Mother's Day. Follow along to find out how one mother came up with the idea during the Civil War and her daughter finalized the details to make their efforts come to fruition in 1908.
- Follow the video with a craft that learners can give their mothers on Mother's Day
- Flip your classroom; assign the video to be watched for homework in preparation of a learning activity that will take place in the classroom
- Mother's Day is held on the second Sunday in May—check your calendar to confirm this year's date
- Be sensitive to those who may not have a mother to celebrate
- The video can easily be downloaded or shared
- Engaging graphics and sound effects boost pupils' focus
- Related materials and other holiday videos are listed on the page