This More Than Just Dust Bunnies lesson plan also includes:
Teenagers will never complain about cleaning their rooms after this activity. In the first lesson of a four-part series, budding scientists collect samples of dust, chalk, and other particulates from various areas of the classroom. They use microscopes to observe dust mites and other critters that may be lurking in these samples.
- Invite a pest control expert to make a presentation
- Be sure to consider any allergies pupils may have before conducting the activity
- It is helpful if learners have previous experience with microscopes
- Teacher guide contains several suggestions for assessing student learning
- Resource includes suggested reading and Internet websites for additional information