This Moon Observation Project activity also includes:
Mrs. Flynt has designed a 12-day moon observation activity that is best assigned when daylight hours are shorter. Middle school moon experts record several factors, including the altitude above the horizon, the azimuth, the phase, and more. Note that although Mrs. Flynt has used specific due dates and her name throughout the assignment, you can easily edit them since this was created in MS Word.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- A rare lunar project in that it is geared toward older observers
- Thoroughly detailed instructions
- Challenges learners in the area of responsibility
- Includes a list of grading critieria making objectives clear