Investigate the ions of the atomic world. By referencing the periodic table, the video instructor describes the different charges of monoatomic ions and references both their stock and classical names. She then defines polyatomic ions and gives specific examples with charges and names.
- Record new vocabulary using a graphic organizer such as a Frayer model
- Have pupils color a periodic table according to the type of ion formed
- Pupils must have a solid understanding of the periodic table prior to the lesson
- Emphasizes prefixes and suffixes
- Uses graphic organizers when presenting material