This Monitor Pricing assessment also includes:
Out with the old and in with the new. Learners use a set of prices of computer monitors from 1994 to make a prediction. They then use one current price and what they know about the old prices to make a more recent prediction. Their models emerge as quadratic functions.
- Update the second question to use more recent data
- Pupils should have a solid understanding of how to fit a function to data
- Using graphing calculators with this assessment is helpful
- Leaves the task open to different types of functions; pupils must determine the best model
- Provides the resources as a document to allow for easy editing
- Solution key only gives the answer for the first question