This Molecules app also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
View molecular structure for various compounds with three-dimensional color images.
- Rotate or zoom in on the molecule models
- Alternate between ball-and-stick and space-filling views with the tap of a molecule icon
- Turn automatic rotation on or off by clicking a rotation icon
- Tap on a palette icon to display color legend for individual atoms
- A Molecules button in the upper-left corner allows you to open information about individual molecules, delete molecules, or download additional molecules from two different national databases
- Standard preloaded molecules:
- Major Cell-surface Adhesin Pac
No teachable concepts supported, very few molecules are included
Although it's free, it doesn't do much
Building atoms will get old quickly
No tutorial, but easy enough to use
You can download more molecule models
How techie do I need to be?
Connect your tablet to a projector to display different molecules as a visual aid.
The app only has one purpose: to display maneuverable models of various molecules. Outside of that, there is not much that it can be used for. Fortunately, there is no cost, so do not hesitate to download it for occasional use in your chemistry class.
- There is no cost to download additional models
- Visual representations are easily maneuverable and help chemistry buffs envision a molecule from all angles
- No teachable concepts supported
- The only information provided about individual molecules is the number of atoms they contain
- Only one single function: to view molecular structure