This Mitosis and Meiosis Card Sort activity & project also includes:
Cells divide by one of two processes, either mitosis or meiosis. Scholars sort cards into two sets, one representing each type of cell division. Then, they sequence the cards demonstrating an understanding of the movement of chromosomes.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Print each set of cards on different colors to help keep the decks separate
- Differentiate by having some work as individuals while others work in pairs to complete the sort
- Relies on prior knowledge of both mitosis and meiosis
- Includes two different levels of difficulty
- Provides instructions for printing from different formats