Do young scientists know that some traits are only passed down by the mother? Mitochondrial DNA is an interesting phenomenon that provides researchers with a lot of useful information. Scholars learn about the endosymbiotic theory, what mitochondrial DNA tells people about genes, and hear interesting facts about mitochondrial DNA and male aging.
- Have pupils watch in a flipped classroom assignment as an introduction to the endosymbiotic theory
- Use as an extension activity for a genetics unit
- Requires some understanding of basic biology concepts
- Narrator is humorous and engaging
- Includes real-life applications of the concept