What does a cell do when DNA is not copied correctly? An informative video shows budding scientists an example of a mismatch mutation during DNA replication. Viewers learn that to prevent a mutation from occurring, cells have mechanisms to repair a mismatch using exonucleases and polymerases.
- Introduce DNA mutation and repair systems by showing the video clip
- Use to extend learning about DNA replication
- Expects students have general knowledge of DNA structure and DNA replication
- Narrator gives a good description of the process of DNA replication
- Visual allows scholars to see what is happening in the cell as DNA is being copied